Friday, November 05, 2010

The "S" I say sometimes...

Keeping it light, just so it doesn't seem like my job is completely miserable.

I love serving one dish at my work. And just to keep my place of business anonymous, let's just say it is a pie with turkey in a pot... and it is HUGE.

So one day while serving the dish - and everyone who is presented with is always has the same reaction - OMG!!! THAT'S HUGE!!! - but one day I served the dish and a man said "Is there a whole turkey in there or what?!"
This gem just automatically jumped out of my mouth, almost as if I had no control over my brain, lips and vocal cords. I said:
 "There IS a whole turkey in there and in a second he is going to jump out and say "Happy Birthday!"
I was imagining a girl jumping out of a cake, which then translated into a turkey... my brain does these things sometimes. The kind man just gave me a sympathy chuckle and I walked away laughing at my joke and mortified at my joke simultaneously...

The "S" I say sometimes is better than just saying "enjoy your meal." (Or at least I think so....)

BUT, What do I Know...I'm Just A Waitress?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home